NEET 2020 Applications Begin: As per the official update, NTA or the National Testing Agency has released the detailed notification for NEET 2020 examination. In addition to this, the apex testing agency will also start the NEET 2020 registrations or online applications today at 4 PM.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2020 i.e. Entrance Test for Medical Admissions notification has been released by the NTA in both Hindi and English and can be found on the official website i.e. ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates must note that they are expected to go through the detailed NEET 2020 notification before applying for NEET 2020. Other important details including eligibility criteria, application process, and important dates about NEET 2020 are provided below.
This is the single largest undergraduate medical entrance test for admission to MBBS, BDS and AYUSH courses – BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, B.V.Sc & AH. AIIMS and JIPMER now merged into NEET. No more separate entrance exams for these. The total seat matrix and institutes for these courses is provided below.
NEET 2020 – Overview
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET UG)|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Academic Qualification||10+2 or equivalent with PCB|
|Exam Date and Mode||May 3, 2020 in pen and paper mode|
|Exam Cities (as per 2019)||155 cities|
|Scope of NEET||Admissions to
|Number of Applicants||15,19,375 (in 2019)|
|Number of Appeared Candidates||14,10,754 (in 2019)|
NEET Important Dates 2020
|Events before NEET||Dates|
|Notification of NEET||August 21, 2019|
|Application form date||December 2, 2019 from 4:00 PM|
|Last date for NEET 2020 registration||December 31, 2019|
|NEET application correction dates||January 15 to 31, 2020|
|Release of admit card||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020||May 3, 2020 (2.00 PM to 5.00 PM)|
|Answer key by Sarthaks||May 3, 2020|
*dates are tentative
NEET UG post-exam dates
|Events after NEET exam||Dates|
|Display of recorded responses of candidates||Last week of May 2020*|
|Release of provisional answer key||Last week of May 2020*|
|Publication of final official answer key||June 4, 2020*|
|Declaration of result||June 4, 2020|
|Counselling starts||Second week of June 2020*|
NEET Application Form 2020
National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2020 application form on December 2, 2019, from 4:00 PM in online mode. To fill the NEET application candidates must follow five steps as detailed below. Before applying for NEET 2020, its advisable to keep necessary documents ready.
1. NEET 2020 Registration: Candidates must enter their name, email Id, mobile number, gender etc to register and generate their provisional application number and login credentials.
2. Login to fill NEET application form 2020: Next candidates must use the given NEET 2020 login ID and password to fill the personal, academic and communication details
3. Upload photograph, signature and other documents: the details and specifications of the photograph and signature are given below.
4. Pay the application fee of NEET: Candidates must pay the prescribed fee, the details of which are given below. Payment mode is online through net banking, debit/credit cards etc or through cash deposit (e-challan) to be paid at State Bank of India branches only.
5. Print confirmation page: after the payment is made and details submitted, candidates must download the confirmation page and save the same.
NEET 2020 Application Fees
|SC/ST/PH/Transgender Candidates||Rs. 800|
Documents needed to apply for NEET 2020
- Photograph with file size 10 to 100 Kb in jpg format. Postcard size picture with a white background with name of the candidate and date printed below the photograph is mandated.
- Signature with file size 3 to 20 Kb in jpg format. Signature of candidate should be in black ink on white background and must not be in capitals.
- Class 10 certificate with file size between 100 kb to 400 kb.
NEET Admit Card 2020
NTA will release the NEET 2020 admit card on March 27, 2020. Candidates can download their admit card of NEET by entering their application number and date of birth. It is mandatory to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the NEET 2020 admit card which is also the identity document. It is prudent to keep the admit card safe till the admission process concludes.
NEET Dress Code
Candidates must adhere to certain dress code prescribed for NEET 2020. The guidelines set by NTA are to ensure that no malpractices, irregularities, cheating etc occur in the exam hall. NEET dress code specifies
- Wear half sleeve shirts/t-shirts only. Full sleeves are not allowed
- Clothes should be light without zips, pockets, big buttons and any elaborate embroidery.
- Female candidates should avoid clothes with embroidery, flowers, brooches and buttons. Salwars and trousers are allowed
- Slippers or sandals with low heels are allowed while shoes are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Jewellery like earrings, ring, pendants, nose ring, necklace or any kind of metallic item are not allowed
List of items barred in NEET
- Stationery items, textual material, papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
- Devices like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.
Items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Caps, Watches/Wrist Watches, Bracelets, Camera, etc.
- Any ornaments.
- Any eatable item opened or packed. The exception to this are diabetic candidates who are allowed some specific eatables.