The JEE MAIN 2020 examination will be conducted by NTA. It is national level test examination for engineering admission in graduation level i.e B.Tech/B.E, B. Arc course plan. Through JEE MAIN 2020 examinations the students will take admission in NITs, IITS, CFTI’s, and ISM Dhanbad in various courses. Students have to qualify two examinations i.e. JEE Mains and JEE Advance . CBSE takes JEE Main exam only once a year.
As per the decision of HRD Ministry, the entrance test of JEE Main is being held twice in the months of January and April.
JEE Main 2020 Examination dates
|JEE Main 2020||January Dates||April Dates|
|Information brochure releasing on||August 2019||Jan 2020|
|Release of application form||03 Sep 2019||07 Feb 2020|
|Application Last Date||30 Sep 2019||07 Mar 2020|
|Payment Last Date||1st week of Oct 2019||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Application form correction starts from||2nd week of Oct 2019||2nd week of Mar 2020
|Admit card releases on||06 Dec 2019||16 Mar 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 exam date||06 to 11 Jan, 2020||03 to 09 Apr 2020|
|Availability of answer key||3rd week Jan 2020||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration of result||31 Jan 2020||30 Apr 2020|
Latest updates: The online submission of application form of January JEE(Main) 2020 is now 03-Sep 2019
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility criteria
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2020 along with the official notification. Interested candidates ,may check the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the entrance test. They need to fulfill the eligibility details. The eligibility criteria will consist of important details includes educational qualification, age limit, nationality, subjects in Class 12/10+2 or equivalent and other mandatory details.
- Qualifying examination:- Applying candidate must have passed their 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university for JEE Mains.
- Date of birth:- Before 1st October 1995
- Qualifying exam subjects:-Candidate in their 12thlevel must have passed with at least of five mandatory subjects – Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- Diploma Holders:-Candidates having diploma can also apply and get admission in IITs only.
|1||Qualifying exam||· He/She should have passed class 12 or qualifying exam in 2019 or 2020.
· He/She appearing in class 12 or equivalent qualifying exam in 2020 can also apply for JEE Main
|2||Age Limit||· There is no age limit. However, the He/She have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2019 or 2020.
· He/She appearing for 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2020 is also eligible to apply.
|3||Number of attempts||· JEE Main candidates can participate in the entrance exam for 3 consecutive years. The exam will be conducted twice a year; they may appear in both the attempts. The attempt for an academic year will be considered as one.|
JEE Main 2020 exam patterns
- Exam Mode :-The examination will be organized in both online and offline mode
- Type of Questions:-The question paper will comprise of objective type questions. In Paper I, the question paper will consist of total 90 questions. In Paper II the question paper will contain total of 82 questions.
- Duration:-The total exam duration will be three hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
- Medium: English and Hindi are the languages selected for the examination for all exam
- Cities: – English, Hindi and Gujarati are the languages in which the questions will be available.
- Negative marking: – The One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Total Marks: Paper I will be of total 360 marks. While, paper II will be of total 390 marks.
The pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan)
Number of Questions
JEE MAIN 2020 syllabus
Physics and measurement, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Laws of motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Electrostatics, Work, energy and power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Sequences and series, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Integral calculus, Statistics and probability, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc
- Physical Chemistry:- Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, etc.
- Organic Chemistry:- Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life, some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry:– Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Buildings, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Materials, Visualizing, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, harmony and contrast, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, subtraction, rotation, etc.
Steps to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The candidates can follow the given steps to fill the application form of JEE Main 2020.
Step 1 – Registration: In the first step, the candidates will have to register for JEE Main 2020 by submitting their state of eligibility, identification type, identification ID, name, date of birth and gender.
Step 2 – Filling of Application Form: In the next step, the candidates will have to select their paper for the examination. A strong password has to be created by the candidates for login purposes.
Step 3 – Uploading of Documents – Scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications have to be uploaded.
Photograph – The candidate should keep a scanned photograph with their name and date (on which the photograph was taken) mentioned below. File size should be between 10 KB to 200 KB and the dimensions 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and image should be in JPEG/JPG format.
Signature – The size of the signature of the candidate should be between 4 KB to 30 KB. The dimensions should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm and in JPEG/JPG format.
Step 4 – Payment of Fee – The required fee has to be paid by the candidates. Payment can be done in both online (net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline mode (e-challan). For e-challan, the fee has to be deposited at any SBI branch.
Step 5 – Print out of Acknowledgement Page – The candidates will have to print out four copies of their acknowledgement page for future use.
How to get your admit card for JEE MAIN 2020
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card via online mode
- Moreover, the authority also provides JEE Main slot booking facility with form filling.
- The admit card will be provided in the second week of March 2020.
- For the online mode exam, students can also book their slot.
- Candidates have to download it by entering their Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Code.
- If any discrepancy found in the hall ticket, communicate to the JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE immediately
NOTE:-Candidates have to bring anyone photo ID proof along with the admit card.
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates||JEE Main 2020 Application Form|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern||JEE Main 2020 Books|