NEET 2020 Exam date has been released.
NTA has declared the NEET 2020 Exam, Registration, Admit Card and Result dates. The exam will be conducted on May 3, 2020 as per the NTA official notification released. The registration process will begin from December 2, 2019. It is a national level exam held for MBBS/BDS admissions after class 12. If you who are appearing/appeared in class 12 then you are eligible for NEET 2020 examination. You can check the dates in the table below.
|NEET 2020||Important Dates|
|Publication of Information Brochure||1st week of Nov 2019|
|Online registration for NTA NEET 2020||02 Dec 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||31 Dec 2019|
|Application fee can be paid until||1st week of Dec 2019|
|Corrections in the application form||2nd – 3rd week of Jan 2020|
|NEET Admit Card||27 Mar 2020|
|NEET 2020 exam date||03 May 2020|
|Release of Response sheet and question paper||May / June 2020|
|NEET 2020 Answer Key||1st week of May 2020|
NEET 2020 Remains Pen and Paper Based Test
NEET 2020 Exam remain in offline mode even in 2020. The examination will be held once in a Year in offline( Pen and Paper-based test) mode. Recently NTA has declared the notice in which the NEET 2020 dates and the mode of the examination have been cleared also it has been cleared and cleared that NEET exam is to be held once a year only like before.
NEET 2020 Application Form
NEET 2020 Application Form will be available at the official website from December 2, 2019. Documents and other details that you need to fill the application form are:
- Name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email id
- Aadhaar number/ election card/ passport number/ bank account number/ ration card number or any other government identity card number
- Scanned photograph – jpg or jpeg format with a minimum size of 10 kb and a maximum size of 200 kb
- Scanned signature – jpg or jpeg format with a minimum size of 4 kb and a maximum size of 200 kb
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the board.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode:- The exam will be conducted through offline (pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type: – Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- No of questions: – There will be total 180 questions in the paper
- Total Marks: – The paper will be total of 720 marks.
- Duration:-The exam duration is 3 hour.
- Marking Scheme: – Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking:– 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Distribution of no. of questions & marks for each subject for NEET 2020
No. of Questions
Biology (Botany or zoology)
90 (45 – 45 each)
Languages in which NEET 2020 is held
The entrance exam is conducted in 11 languages which are:
NEET 2020 Syllabus and Pattern
NEET 2020 will be held in pen and paper mode. The Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the exam are tabulated below:
|SPECIFICATION||PATTERN AND SYLLABUS|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions
|Physics – 45
Chemistry – 45
Biology – 90 (Zoology – 45 & Botany- 45)
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer
-1 mark for each incorrect answer
|Total Marks||720 marks|
|Medium||English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Gujarati.|
|Syllabus for class 11||Physics – Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves.
Chemistry –Structure of Atom, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrocarbons, Thermodynamics, Hydrogen, s-block elements, p-block elements, Organic Chemistry, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry
Biology – Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
|Syllabus for class 12||Physics – Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Atoms and Nuclei, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium
Chemistry –Solutions, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, General Principles, Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f – block elements, coordination compounds, Surface Chemistry, Alcohols, Solid State, Phenols, and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, Chemical Kinetics, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life
Biology – Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Application, Biology and Human Welfare
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility for 15%(All India Quota Seats): If you belong to J&K states are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration.
- Age limit: 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit to apply.
- Qualification: You must have completed 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12thlevel must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12thlevel must have secured minimum 50% marks for General categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
- Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET 2020 (UG).
NEET 2020 ADMIT CARD
NTA will provide admit card by 27th March 2020. NEET Admit card will be available through online mode. The board will also send admit card (copy) in PDF format on your registered email ID. If you will not bring the admit card to the examination hall under any circumstance you will not be permitted to give the exam. You also have to bring passport size photograph, ID card and PWD category certificate (if any) with your admit card.
NEET 2020 PREPARATION TIPS
- You must make a study time table & follow that timetable strictly.
- You must check the syllabus & exam pattern before starting the exam preparation.
- Practice from previous year question paper and sample paper.
- Take care of your health while preparing for the exams.
- Focus on your weaker topics first and keep practicing.
- Practice online mock tests.
Click below links for other details about NEET 2020
|Exam Pattern||Application Form|
|Exam Books||NEET 2020|