NTA will conduct the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) 2020. NTA will hold NEET 2020 once a year only in offline mode. It is a national level entrance exam for admission in MBBS/BDS courses, in all MCI/DCI approved colleges in India. The candidates who are appearing/appeared in class 12 are eligible for the exam. The application process is going to start on 2nd December 2019. NTA will organize the examination on 3rd May 2020.
With effect to new changes introduced by HRD ministry in the year 2019, NTA is the newly formulated body which will conduct NEET Entrance test every year. You can take admission on 90,000 seats of MBBS & BDS across India & also take admission in AYUSH Courses by NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Exam date has been released.
NTA has declared the NEET 2020 Exam, Registration, Admit Card and Result dates. You can check the dates in the table below.
|NEET 2020||Important Dates|
|Publication of Information Brochure||1st week of Nov 2019|
|Online registration for NEET 2020||02 Dec 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||31 Dec 2019|
|Application fee can be paid until||1st week of Dec 2019|
|Corrections in the application form||2nd – 3rd week of Jan 2020|
|Issuance of the Admit Card||27 Mar 2020|
|NEET 2020 exam date||03 May 2020|
|Release of Response sheet and question paper||May / June 2020|
|NEET 2020 Answer Key||2nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of NEET 2020 Result||04 Jun 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility for 15%(All India Quota Seats): If you belong to J&K states are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration.
- Age limit: 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit to apply.
- Qualification: You must have completed 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12thlevel must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12thlevel must have secured minimum 50% marks for General categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
- Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET 2020 (UG).
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode:- The exam will be conducted through offline (pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type: – Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- No of questions: – There will be a total of 180 questions in the paper
- Total Marks: – The paper will be a total of 720 marks.
- Duration:- NEET 2020 exam duration is 3 hour.
- Marking Scheme: – Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking:– 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Distribution of no. of questions & marks for each subject
No. of Questions
Biology (Botany or zoology)
90 (45 – 45 each)
SYLLABUS FOR NEET 2020
You can check below the required syllabus for NEET 2020.
- The syllabus for BIOLOGY
|Class 11th||Class 12th|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
- The syllabus for PHYSICS
|Class 11th||Class 12th|
|Physical-world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Atoms and Nuclei||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves||———–|
- The syllabus for CHEMISTRY
|Class 11th||Class 12th|
|Some Basic Concept of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodically in properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetic|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ether|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|———–||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
NEET 2020 EXAM PATTERN
You can check below the exam pattern.
- Mode of Exam – Offline i.e. Pen-paper based
- Question Type – Multiple Choice Questions (You are given four options with a single correct answer)
- Duration – 03 hours
- Number of Questions – 180
- Subjects for Examination – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology.)
The distribution of questions in each of these topics is given in the table below.
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
NEET 2020 ADMIT CARD
NTA will provide NEET 2020 Admit Card by 27th March 2020. NEET Admit card will be available through online mode. The board will also send admit card (copy) in PDF format on your registered email ID. If you will not bring the admit card to the examination hall under any circumstance you will not be permitted to give the exam. You also have to bring passport size photograph, ID card and PWD category certificate (if any) with your admit card.
NEET 2020 CUT-OFF
You have to score more than the NEET 2020 Cut-Off marks to qualify the examination. Looking back at previous trends, the minimum cut-off percentile to qualify the exam is 50% for general category & 45% for PH category and 40% for other reserved categories, under 15% of All India Quota seats for different categories.
NEET 2020 RESULT
You can check NEET 2020 Result through online mode. The NEET 2020 will be declared on 4th June 2020. You have to login with their details by entering their roll number & Date of Birth (D.O.B) to check your result.
NEET 2020 PREPARATION TIPS
- You must make a study time table & follow that timetable strictly.
- You must check the syllabus & exam pattern before starting the exam preparation.
- Practice from previous year question paper and sample paper.
- Take care of your health while preparing for the exams.
- Focus on your weaker topics first and keep practicing.
- Practice online mock tests.
FAQ’S (FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS)
Q1- Will NEET is held twice a year and in online mode?
Ans: – : No, NEET will be held once a year and in online mode only because it has been officially announced by NTA.
Q2:-: Is there is any reservation policy followed in NEET?
Ans: – : Yes, there is 15% of seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% of seats are reserved for ST candidates. And 27% for reserved for OBC candidate.
Q3:-: What is the syllabus for NEET?
Ans: – : The NEET syllabus contains topics from class 11 and 12 Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The syllabus has been defined by MCI same as NEET.
Q4:- What are the application form fees?
Ans: – For General & OBC: Rs.1400. For SC/ST/PWD/Transgender: Rs.75.
Q5:- When will the registration process start?
Ans-: The registration process will start from 2nd December 2019.
Q6:- Is the application form fee refundable?
Ans: No, the application form fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
Q7:- I have entered the wrong detail in the application. Can I make corrections?
Ans: – Yes, you can make corrections during the correction period.
Q8:- Is there any change in NEET 2020?
Ans: – Any official notification regarding changes in NEET 2020 is not available yet.
Q9:-: What is the age limit to appear for NEET 2020?
Ans: – The lower age limit to apply for NEET is 17 years. , NTA announced that the upper age limit to appear for NEET is 25 years.
Click here for more about NEET 2020
|Exam Pattern||Application Form|
|Exam Date||NEET 2020 Books|